SELF REFERRALS AND ADVICE
Review the links below for ways you can self refer to different services available without the need of seeing your GP.
- Diabetic Eye Screening – Use this referral if you are a newly diagnosed diabetic and have not heard about your retinal eye screening. These are usually sent out automatically but if you don’t hear from them you may use this form.
- Community Podiatry Referral – Foot Health – For routine foot problems please use this referral form which you may drop into the surgery to be emailed if you need us to send it. For urgent issues please see the bottom of the referral form for walk in clinic times.
- What to do in a mental health crisis? – If you are suffering from any mental health problems then you may find this link useful
- To book your pregnancy care you do not need a referral from your doctor. You can refer yourself to have your baby at Medway by simply completing this online referral form
- Antenatal Care Medway
Sexual Health Services
- Refer yourself to Sexual Health Services
- Order an online home testing kit for all sexual transmitted infections if you have no symptoms. You are also able to order online prescriptions for oral contraception using the same link
Healthwatch Kent – Information and signposting
Healthwatch Southwark provides an independent, confidential information and signposting service. We support people to access health and social care services and resolve difficulties. We are a small team but if we don’t know the answer, we will try to find someone who does.
Does your weight or how you look affect the way you feel about yourself?
Do you worry that you have lost control over how much you eat?
Do you do something to compensate if you feel you have eaten too much (make yourself sick, over-exercise or take laxatives)? If you answer yes to any of the above then you can visit the Eating disorders service Kent and Medway website for help and advice.