Princes Park Medical Centre’s (MPA Group Practices) excellent approach to patient care praised by CQC after ‘Good’ inspection rating.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) carried out their inspection of Princes Park Medical Centre (MPA Group Practices) in July 2023, with the practice securing a rating of ‘Good’. The CQC report praised the practice’s “Staff treated patients with kindness, respect and compassion. Feedback from patients was positive about the way staff treated people”
The CQC report highlighted a wide range of positive examples of quality care. These included the practice’s proactive approach to having a culture which drove high quality sustainable care.
Other areas highlighted in the report include:
• The practice had systems for the appropriate and safe use of medicines, including medicines optimisation.
• The practice learned and made improvements when things went wrong.
• Patients' needs were assessed, and care and treatment was delivered in line with current legislation, standards and evidence-based guidance supported by clear pathways and tools.
• The practice had a comprehensive programme of quality improvement activity and routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care provided.
• Staff had the skills, knowledge and experience to carry out their roles.
• The practice organised and delivered services to meet patients' needs.
• People were able to access care and treatment in a timely way.
• Complaints were listened and responded to and used to improve the quality of care.
• There was compassionate, inclusive and effective leadership at all levels.
• The practice had a culture which drove high quality sustainable care.
• There were clear responsibilities, roles and systems of accountability to support good governance and management.
• There were clear and effective processes for managing risks, issues and performance. Required improvements identified by our inspection were addressed and action taken immediately.
• The practice involved the public, staff and external partners to sustain high quality and sustainable care
To read the full report, click here
MPA Group Practices are pleased to announce an update to our Triage service. We will be introducing ‘Anima’, a new system which will replace our Appointment Enquiry Form.
Anima seamlessly and confidentially integrates with your medical record bringing improvements to how you access care and appointments and how our staff assess your condition. Anima allows our Clinical Triage Team to continue to improve access times by helping us to direct you to the most appropriate care for your medical needs. This ensures we make use of our limited resources in the most safe and efficient way. All appointments will continue to be offered according to clinical urgency and need.
Your request will be handled in exactly the same manner whether you complete the Anima request online yourself or contact us via telephone, where our receptionists will ask the same questions to ensure equity of access for all patients. We would encourage all patients who can do so to use Anima, as this will prevent you from needing to queue on the telephone and keep lines free for those who do not have internet access. Completing an Anima request yourself also provides you with more discretion should you prefer not to discuss your medical problem with one of our receptionists.
More information is available on the Anima website patients.animahealth.com/. You will be able to register now and submit your Anima request from Monday 3rd July 2023.
We would like to ask for your patience whilst we change to Anima as we are aware that introducing any new system may have some teething troubles, however, we are not anticipating any disruption.
We have listened to patient feedback and hope you find Anima easier to use. We are really excited about this change and the benefits it will bring to all our patients and staff.
What are the benefits to me as a patient?
As a patient, you will benefit from:
• Being able to log on to see the status and outcomes of your current and past requests. (Coming Soon: NHS Login will link to Anima).
• You will be asked questions based on your issues (asked with our medical jargon)
• You can use the system in a number of languages
• Your medical records will be more complete in the future
• The practice responses will be clearer
• You will receive a text message and email to let you know when the practice has responded (no more missing emails in the junk box).
• You can provide all the information that the practice needs without waiting on the phone
What are the benefits of the practice?
MPA Group practices will benefit from:
• We will see your request in a clear structured format
• We will be able to save all the information about your requests in a structured way into your medical records – This will help staff when looking at your records for this episode of care or in the future.
• As patients can see the status of their request, we should get fewer duplicates that clog up the system.
• Your requests will be cleared to understand at first glance and so the team will be able to allocate the correct people, thus making our turnaround more efficient.
• Your requests will come into our system with a Red, Amber, or Green rating with clear information about what responses have triggered the rating. This will allow the team to focus on any urgent requests.
• We will be able to provide clearer responses due to the way that Anima builds the response as we perform actions. These responses will be safer as well as they will be secured behind a login.
New email addresses
Please see below the new email addresses for MPA Group Practices. The old email addresses will no longer be monitored and ALL correspondence should be sent to one of the following email addresses:
For general enquiries please use KMICB.email@example.com
For complaints please use KMICB.firstname.lastname@example.org
For referrals please use KMICB.email@example.com
For reports and to request records please use KMICB.firstname.lastname@example.org
For safeguarding enquiries and reports please use KMICB.email@example.com
For prescription enquiries please use KMICB.firstname.lastname@example.org (please note we do not accept prescription requests via email).
Practice Opening Time Changes
Please note that our branch opening hours have changed from 1st May 2023.
From the week beginning 1st May 2023, our Twydall surgery site will be closing on Tuesdays, and on Thursdays will only be open for Podiatry patients.
Balmoral Gardens (Green suite) site will be closed on Fridays.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but we would like to reassure our patients that the Practice will remain open and accessible from 8 am until 6.30 pm every day at the other branches of MPA Group Practice.
For contact details please go to our branch details page found here: Branch Details
We would like to remind our patients that we no longer accept prescription requests via email and we would like to encourage you to sign up to one of the online systems to order your medication i.e. myGP, NHS app, Patient access. Please see our Prescriptions page for more details.
MPA Group Practices Social Media Pages
We are now live on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, follow our page to keep up to date with information regarding our member practices, as well as upcoming NHS campaigns, recruitment days, and much more.
To like/ follow our Facebook page follow the link below:
or search us up directly:
MPA Group Practices
To follow our Instagram account follow the link below:
Or search us up on Instagram:
To follow our Twitter page follow the link below:
Or search us up on Twitter:
Abuse of Staff
The short video below is all about the abuse of staff.